One of our very dearest friends is getting married in a few weeks and both Joe and myself are in the wedding. Well we ALL know how Joe adores his Hawaiian shirts. I don't know if he really likes them, or if he just pretends to because he knows they drive me nuts lol.
So we were sitting around one night talking and I made sure to tell him that his Hawaiian shirts are NOT appropriate wedding attire. He asked if after the ceremony he could wear one of his trade mark Hawaiian shirts to the reception. I told him HELL NO, that I wanted to go an entire 24hr stretch without seeing him in a Hawaiian shirt.
I think after I gave him a lecture on what is and is not appropriate wedding attire it finally sank in that he was not going to win this battle.
Well last week I get the wedding invitation and as I read it all I could do was hold my head down, not look at Joe and hand him the invitation. As I walked off I could hear him howling with laughter and I even looked back to see him doing his happy dance that closely resembled the cabbage patch.
Turns out this is going to be a Hawaiian themed wedding and for the guys in the wedding Hawaiian shirts are a must.
This gets even better for Joe because I get to wear a Hawaiian print dress. I quickly texted the bride to be to tell her that if I didn't like her so much I would kick her butt. I told her the whole story and they got a big laugh out of it.
So this weekend my mother and I went dress shopping and I found the perfect dress. Came home and tried it on for Joe and he was excited to see me in something Hawaiian print. So much for my 24hr stretch of not having to see him in a Hawaiian shirt.
Tuesday
Open Mouth, Insert Foot
Posted by Momma Jones at Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment