BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday

Ice Capades

Let me set the stage for you.  We live in Northern Alabama,  a place that isn't use to getting much snow.  However we had a record setting snowfall of 9 inches on January 11th.
Now my husband has a small truck,  not one you would use for driving on snow and ice with but he decided to take a joy ride around the neighborhood to see just how bad the roads really were.   
This is how our conversation went:


Me: Where the heck are you going


Idiot Husband: I want to take a drive around the neighborhood and see how the roads are.


Me: Well the roads are pretty bad and I wish you would stay home and off the roads.


Idiot Husband:  I'll be fine, quit worrying (he gets in the truck and leaves)


20 minutes later the phone rings.

Me:  Where the hell are you

Idiot Husband: I'm helping pull a guy home,  because he is stuck in the ice and has a low profile vehicle.

Me: BE CAREFUL

Ten Minutes later the phone rings

Idiot Husband: I'M STUCK

Me: Damnit where are you stuck at?

Idiot Husband: One street over.

Me:  Well do what you can.

A few minutes later the phone rings

Idiot Husband: I'm unstuck and on my way home.

Another 15-20 minutes go by and I start to worry

I take a step outside just to see if I can see my husband anywhere and I see 
my neighbor heading towards his truck.
I give him a shout out and tell him to keep an eye out for my idiot husband because he got stuck on the next street over earlier.
My neighbor holds up a big chain and says, "that's where I'm headed look down the road".
Low and behold there is my idiot husbands truck stuck sideways 2 houses down in front of our other neighbors house.

By this time I am seriously laughing my ass off and trying not to piss in my pants.
Slowly but surely my neighbor pulls him home and then idiot husband encounters a problem which he didn't anticipate.  You see our driveway is on a slight incline and is completely iced over making it nearly impossible to get into our driveway.  He tried every way possible to get the truck in the driveway but he kept slipping and sliding all over the place.  Our neighbor even got on the bumper and jumped up and down hoping it would provide enough weight to help him make it in the drive way but that to failed. 
Then they decided that maybe my neighbor could put his bumper up against my husbands bumper and push him up the driveway,  but that too failed.
He finally got it in the driveway just enough that his tuck wasn't sticking out in the road and that's where it stayed until we shoveled the driveway and put cardboard under the tires to get it in the driveway.   
   
                                                                 The Tow Home



                                                               The Bumper Butt
           
                                                                    STUCK
                                              And then came the, I TOLD YOU SO..
                                                  Courtesy of his loving wife.
.
                                                    


                   

 

0 comments: