BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday

Wow he's not unromantic after all

Yesterday was mine and my husbands 7 year wedding anniversary.
He had been planning yesterday for months and even traded in his trade mark Hawaiian shirt and green shorts for slacks and a nice shirt.
My parents kept the kids all day and all night so that the husband and I could celebrate our Anniversary.

I told him he could plan it because I wanted to be surprised and I wanted to put his man planning skills to the test.
You ladies know what a toll having 2 kids can take on our bodies so it's been at least 2 years since I've been able to wear my beautiful engagement ring. My wedding band still fits just not my engagement ring.
Well he surprised me by having it stretched. Of course he wouldn't let me have it until yesterday but I was thrilled to be able to wear it once again.

Now when Mr. Man plans something there is always a snag and it never goes as planned.
Well as women tend to do we dream of the day our Prince Charming gets down on one knee and slips a ring on our finger and asks us to be their wife.
Mr. Man didn't get down on one knee but yet while we were walking through a parking lot he attempted to slide it on my finger while walking but managed to cut my hand with it and well lets just say it wasn't the romantic proposal I had dreamed about.
Well yesterday he made it right. He took me to our favorite place, got down on one knee and told me how much he loved me and thanked me for our two beautiful children and slipped the ring on my finger. I was thrilled and shocked all at once and I think even a little speechless.
Definitely something I'll never forget.

Later that evening we went for dinner. Even though we had reservations we still had to wait a bit but I didn't mind except for all the annoying prom kids hanging around outside being loud and obnoxious.
The restaurant was wonderful and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Mr. Man eating Lobster Bisque and he even took a bite of the vinaigrette coated spinach leaf in my salad. He doesn't eat lettuce, tomatoes or anything that has to do with salads so that was shocking.
I told him last night that after the day we had I could no longer call him an unromantic bastard lol.
I have to say that Mr. Man made it a wonderful anniversary and even though he may act a fool and dress like a nut I love that man more than anything.

1 comments:

Laurie said...

Sounds like you guys had a great day, congrats on your anniversary!